Thursday, January 9, 2014

Changing with the New Year

Hello 2014! If you would have asked me 5 years ago where I wanted to be today, I would have described exactly where we are today. Finished with school, 3 kids, steady jobs. But I would have forgotten, broke, stressed, busy, tired, and did I say stressed? I guess that all comes along with everything I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change anything but I didn't realize what it would take to get what we wanted. Now that all our hard work it all over, I am now realizing, well it's NOT! And it never will be. I read an article a few weeks ago about being a mom and adapting to the craziness that comes along with it. The author was saying that no matter how stressed you are and how hard your life gets, it never gets easier. You are still going to have to cook dinner, clean the house, do laundry, work 13 hours shifts, come home not to rest, but to bath the kids, get them into their jammies, brush their teeth, read a book, and right before you fall  asleep, you have to change the bed sheets and bath your little one again because she just peed the bed. Your work load as a mom never changes. Instead, YOU DO! You learn to let things go that mattered in the past, things like a clean house, clean kids, organized drawers, changing bed sheets, blogging, talking to your mom on the phone, taking pictures of your kids, and having friends. 
All that doesn't matter anymore. 
Because as your life begins to change, you do too.  
I am in the middle of all that. Now that I am home a lot more, and have more kids then I did before I started school, I am realizing that I need to change. 
It is my new years resolution to CHANGE! I need to accept the responsibility and duties that come along with having what I wanted 5 years ago. Because I know that if I wasn't where I am today in my life, I would want to be where I am NOW. 
Here's to bringing in a New Year with a focus on growing as a mom! 

No comments: