Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yes I can...

I miss blogging so much! I'm mad that at myself for not documenting everything that we've been up to for the past 7 months. But all I can do is start here and now...
Since January my number one priority has been school. I mainly wanted to prove to myself what my capabilities were. I've never given a semester my ALL until this semester, and I'm proud to say, that I pulled straight A's and ended the semester with not only an associates degree, but a 3.8 GPA.
Just by doing this, I really boosted my confidence in what I, Tala Motuliki, am capable of. Yes I can do ANYTHING that I put my whole heart and soul into. Yes I can go to school while being pregnant, work part-time, be a full time mommy and wife. Yes I can! Whether it be something spiritual, emotional, physical... I CAN DO IT!!! And YOU can too! You just have to find your motivation.
My motivation is my family, Kel and Jaida. I have to finish school, its NOT an option to drop out. Once I had Jaida, I realized how important and precious my time with my family is to me and I decided that I was no longer going to waste mine and their time. If I was going to take time away from them and go to school and do homework, then I was going to make it somewhat worth my time. And that's where my motivation came from. Now, I start Nursing school in August, get a nursing licence in a little under a year and get my RN licence a year after that. I owe it all to my two babies...Kel and Jaida.
I fell very blessed to of had the support of my husband Kel. Theres no way I could have done this without him, he has sacrificed just as much, if not more, as I have in my academic endeavors. And I honestly owe all my success to him. He deserved to graduate with me, with a degree in supporting me in my education. Thank u babe! I love you so much!!!

6 comments:

Klarah said...

I'm glad you were able to accomplish all that you set your mind too! I am happy for you and your growing family. I am sure they notice everything you have sacrificed as well. No good deed goes un noticed!! A few more weeks left before you, Kel and Jaida get to see your handsome new addition to your family!! Stay positive and strong.. I find it helps motivate those you come into contact with;)

pwincessdi said...

so proud of u Tala &&& Kel!! :) I agree it takes a great support system to get thru anything hard~ Can't wait to start my adventure...don't know if Pulu will be as great as Kel, but I have all of ya'll to push me thru school as well :)) Love u guys n congrats again!!! U CAN AND U DID DO IT!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

What an awesome post!! Congrats on such a great accomplishment! I'm on my way to graduating as well as being a mom and wife and working...uugghh....most of the time I just want to throw in the towel, and take the easy way out....but you just renewed my hope!! Thanks for being such a great example and Congrats again!!

Nipa Vea said...

TALA Im so happy for you. I know u had the best support *Kel&Jaida* being a mommy/wifey/student FULL TIME..YOU ROCK for reals... you have set such a great example and I hope i will be able to fulfill that as well soon!!! congrats again mamas.

Tina Tuakoi said...

Congratulations Tala! What a huge accomplishment. Way to go Super Mom! You look great!

Ane said...

You are a great example Tala..I think I can do it to! :) Thanks for the boost! Congrats to you and your little family!