Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mission Complete: keep doors locked

I have a horrible habit of leaving my doors unlocked. It never bugged me til recently, but you will NEVER again catch me with an unlocked door...

The other night while Kel was at work, Brianna and I had a few things keeping us busy here at home. Jaida was watching TV (our favorite nanny), I was taking a test on the computer, Brianna was coloring her friends hair, and both our backs were turned to Jaida when all the sudden the front door SLAMS. This door slam gave me the SCARIEST feeling I've EVER felt in my entire life, we knew that Jaida could not have slammed the door that hard. We both looked back to where Jaida was sitting, and she was GONE.
No where in sight.
But as soon as that door slammed me and Brianna flew to the door. It seemed like we had an eternity to feel what our life would be like if she were to be kidnapped. It was truly an outer body experience. When Brianna opened the door, there was KEL, holding Jaida and laughing his head off. Relief. Me and Brianna could not hold back our tears. Our bodies were in shock and we were shaking and crying uncontrollably. It took us a good 5 minutes to calm down. Hes such a PUNK!!!! I punched him so hard, Im suprised Brianna didnt beat him up. He was telling us after that he was going to take her, put her in the car, and go for a drive. UGH! Could you imagine that? I probably would have shot him in the face.
This was a scary experience, but in it I learned a very valuable lesson... KEEP THE DAMN DOORS LOCKED! Kel always tells me this but I never worried about it, until now. I can't stop thinking about what would have happened if it were real. I'm just thankful we've never had anything like that happen in our lives.

This is what our door looks like now...
No one gets out and no one comes in.

6 comments:

pwincessdi said...

LMBO, I knew it was Kel while reading this! haha omg I would've died too. He's such a jerk! I hope ur door doesn't really look like that, haha

MARCIA said...

He called me and told me about it. I can't even imagine what you felt. I have ALWAYS locked my doors, because of that very reason. Kel is such a jerk and likes to get his point across in exaggerated ways...LOL! Well I'm glad that you learned from it, even though it could've been taught differently...haha...Only Kel!

danielandjamaica said...

He IS a punk... just wait til he's at the toy store and Jaida or the next one runs off (and out of the store and down the mall) and he can't find them! Karma. He'll get his.
fyi. It's the suckiest feeling in the world, but it happens to the best of us. ;)

Nicholle Nautu said...

Dang KEL messed up yo! I'm glad Jaida is alright tho! I miss you guys! hope all is well! loveyouALL! <3

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

OMG, that's totally somthing my husband would do too.....I would have punched him first and then taken it as a lesson learned......glad it was him and not someone else though!!

Kepa 4leta said...

LOL@Kel! My hubby would probably do the same too...but that is just so wrong right there, just awwing @ how you were in tears over that! My dad is my reason for always locking the doors when we use to live with him and my mom, he always gave me a lecture on how important it is to lock the doors before someone enters the home and kidnaps the kids or anything bad may happen. Plus the news showing the kidnappings that happen also worried my parents and if they found a door unlocked, they will be upset with me...hehe! Ever since we moved into our own home, no matter what time of the day or before I go to sleep, doors must be locked. Glad to hear that your lil one is doing fine...sucks to hear how Kel did that to you. Much ofas and take care! =)