Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ready... set...goals...

"If you do not have clearly stated goals, your effort will lack direction and focus."

I remember this was greatly enforced during my grade school years. Our teachers would always have us write down our short and long term goals at the beginning of each year, then at the end of the year, they'd have us look at our goals to see if we were doing what was needed to reach those goals. Every year I always felt defeated, I KNEW I could do better. And I've struggled with this once again for the past few years.It's time for me to clearly state what it is that I want to accomplish academically both short-term and long-term.... here's my list of goals
Short term:

  • get an A in both my classes this semester.

  • Get prego ASAP! LOL... seriously

  • Get an A in my humanities, history, and math next semester

  • Graduate in the spring with my Associates of Science Degree.

  • Come August, get A's all throughout nursing school

  • Get A's in my last two prerequisite classes for my Bachelors Degree (Chem & Nutrition)

  • Receive my LPN licence summer of 2012

  • Receive my RN licence Spring of 2013

  • move to SLC to be with family (2013)

  • Immediately Apply to the U of U for my BSN degree

Long term:

  • Pop out like 3 more kids! haha

  • Receive my BSN (2 year program)

  • Get Kel through school- not quite sure yet when he is going to start school (this might be moved to short term.

I start Nursing School in the fall at Mojave and I'm so nervous/ excited; mostly because I am realizing that I've worked so hard to get to this point and it soon will be over. I've been a little down on myself over the years for not being as focused as I should be. When I look back at my life when I first started school, soooooooo much has happened.

  • Summer 2007: started school. Kel went & came home from mission
  • Fall 2007: We got engaged, planned a wedding

  • Spring 2008: Got married a couple days before FINALS!!!

  • Fall 2008: Got pregnant with Jaida

  • Spring 2009: Had our beautiful little girl (went part-time at school)

  • Fall 2009: Adjusting to mommy hood, took a break from school

  • Spring: Applied to the nursing program

  • Fall 2010: PRESENT. Finally got into nursing school (don't start till next fall)

I definitely haven't been sitting on my butt!!! Getting into nursing school is NO joke here in the south its extremely competitive. Being that it's taking me quite some time, I've decided to get my Bachelors degree in Nursing- making the most out of my(our) education journey.

I fyou have goals that you haven't "offically" wrote down....DO IT!!!!!

Wish me (us) success!!!


2 comments:

Sus- said...

Great goals Tala, can u write out goals for your brother too?..lol! I especially like the pop out 3 kids...hehehehehe.. Keep it up girly, U n Kel are doing good.. Ofa's...

Tala Motuliki said...

hahaha. I could totally make some for him, pretty sure he wouldnt like them though LOL!