Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I wonder...

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have another baby around. But I wonder if any of you mothers do or did feel this way.

Kel and I were talking the other day, and I said to him, "I feel like I don't want another baby to come and take away any love that we have towards Jaida." It was funny cause Kel felt the same way. It's not about taking attention away from her, cause thats just a given, but love. Will I feel like I betrayed her by loving someone else as much as we love her? I know when we do have another baby we will get over it, and we will love him or her just as much. I think we will even feel bad for thinking this way. But I do think Jaida will always have a special place in my heart. After everything that shes blessed our family with, I just feel like we owe so much to her. Did you guys ever feel that way? Cia, I know you went through alot when you had Serena, does she have a special place in your heart that none of your other kids do? How and when did you guys get over it?

4 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

I went through a lot when I got pregnant with my first, we weren't married at the time, etc. we got married when I was 4 months pregnant and he was with us a year later in the sealing room in the temple. It was INCREDIBLE! I'll always have a special place in my heart for him. When I had my second, I was scared that I wouldn't love him as much as my first or something.. I admit in the hospital the night I had my 2nd, I bawled and bawled. It was soooo hard. But the next day was awesome. MY 1st totally adjusted well and just adored his lil brother. I've never looked back obviously. But I kinda know the feelings you're feeling.
JAida is ADORABLE! You need to have like 5 kids cause ya make such amazing babies ;)

Anonymous said...

Your first born will always have a special place in your heart, but you'll love your children equally but differently. Some you'll discover are easier to love..lol!! You don't need to worry about that part until they're teenagers... You keep enjoying Jaida b4 everyone else comes along, keep her close...

Kepa 4leta said...

Awww this post brought me back to when my second was born. I was worried the closer it came to our secondborn coming, and sad to say...after I had our second baby girl, I went through depression and cried most of the time because I felt like my time should've been spent on our oldest, teaching her to walk, (let me add, they were 10 months apart, so my second was born 2 months before my oldest daughter turned 1 yo.), and just being there to watch her grow. I even went to my doctors for my second daughters first check up appointment, as soon as she asked me how I felt about our second baby, I cried. It was hard, but I know exactly what you're saying and feeling. I took care of my two oldest and I realized later on that my love for them is the same...we MOMs always have a special place for them in our hearts...we have GREAT BIG HEARTS and thats why God is so great...even if we carry our babies for 9 months or raise/adopt another child as our own...the love we have for them grows inside our hearts...as I type this Im looking at my second daughter at my side, shes such a mommys girl...my oldest is always with her daddy...but I love them both the same...sorry for blabbering on and on...hope my comment doesn't come as depressing or something, just being honest with how I felt...I love my girls...and I love your photo on this blog, your baby girl is such a cutie! If you keep having beautiful baby girls...then tell your hubby to get ready the shotgun for the young men who will be lining up at your door in the future, LOL, our bishop of our ward always tells us that...but he said "ugly boys" LOL. ofas to the MOTULIKIs!

danielandjamaica said...

YES. I felt EXACTLY the same way. But look at me know... trying for #4! I'm sure we'll talk long into the night about it while we're camping out together... but YES. And dito to all the stuff everyone else said. :)